OR The mystery and magic of spontaneous group song.
Today my yoga class suddenly joined voices in a soft sing-along with the instructor's music track (a collection she's never played before and one I immediately thought to be a bit odd; how distracting are lyrics when trying to clear your mind, right!?)
I kid you not. Right in the middle of child's pose, twenty people quietly followed along to this tune:
Now here's the crazy thing: I've been such a big ball of stress lately--dueling with worry and a WAY-too-long to-do list for a few weeks now. I went to yoga this morning with hopes of banishing the monkey-mind that often comes along with my bouts of overcommitment, but I just couldn't calm my thoughts. Going through the motions, I reassured myself that at least I was getting some good stretching. And then it happened. The singing.
Such a simple song--one that my mom often sang when I was younger--but a good reminder not to try to plan everything, do everything, be everything. Don't force it. In short...just relax already!
Serendipity? Or could it be that life's conspiring to tell me something? Hmmmm.
In any case, it certainly made for a memorable trip to the gym!
4 comments:
That is a little odd...music with lyrics, and that song itself. But serendipity it was, a reminder to slow down. I wish I was stretching and breathing right along side you.
OR, and you should consider this possibility seriously, your yoga class is actually a group of robots/secret government brainwashers/cultists who want you to join them and are slowly breaking down your defenses by casually singing songs that undoubtedly have subversive subliminal messages running underneath the uplifting lyrics.
Just sayin'.
Definitely. What Brita said! That must be it! ;)
Beware the yoga-bots!
That's hilarious. A new yoga teacher I've been going to plays music with lyrics and I always catch myself singing along in my head... distracting, but a fun change of pace.
Your swap package came in the mail yesterday! Thank you SO MUCH. I love it. Do you have an online shop or website for your lovely stationary?
Post a Comment