Saturday, April 4, 2009

spring & swap.

Wow! We are enjoying the most lovely weather here...blue sky and butterflies. I tell you, it's one of those days that makes every drop of rain worth it! (Well, kind of.) So Kell and I set out to make the most of the sun with a bird watching trip (more on that later) but we stopped by our leasing office to drop off our rent check on the way out. I'm so glad we did too, because (surprise!) my sweet friend in the apartment office let me know that I had a package to pick up. Lucky me!

Wouldn't you know, it was from my new springtime swap buddy, Christine, over at unspeakable visions. The box was filled with all sorts of wonderful goodness; here's a peek inside:

Isn't that yellow tissue paper the cutest!? And a gorgeous spring-hued card to match.

I adore these perfectly quirky stickers, especially the bike one above. The photo doesn't do it justice, but they're little people made from fruits and vegetables. Definitely sealing the envelopes of some Easter cards with these.

The cutest (CUTEST!) hair tie to remedy my frequent bad hair days. You might have created a monster with this one, Christine. I'm a big fan of the ponytail and this is just the thing to turn a lazy-day hairstyle into "polished & pretty." I'm totally matching my outfit to this on Monday...that's a completely valid fashion strategy, right?

But wait, there's more! Here you can see a journal (in my favorite combo of lime green and turquoise, no less! How did she know?), an insulated sleeve for my hot beverages (expertly hand-crafted and ready to shield me from any burn my morning chai can dish out), and some glorious-smelling tea. Oh, yum, the tea (I can't wait to brew this with breakfast).

All in all, a most generous gift. The bright red cherry on the top of a truly lovely day.

I could get used to this swap gig. It's the first time I've participated, but I think I'm hooked. You can see what I gifted the lovely Christine on her blog over here. And it's worthy of mention that she even has an Etsy shop, where she makes available her fine hand-made creations, including beverage sleeves just like mine (we could be twins!), neck cozies (trust me...ADORABLE!), and other fine wares.

Thanks so much, Christine. This was a blast. I'm so glad you're happy with your gift; the sentiment is mutual!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh so cute. I think Dionne paired us up with the perfect matches. I loved mine too and will post very soon about my lovely gifts! I'm so glad you did this, it was great fun.

Christine said...

I'm so happy you liked the goodies! I've already used one of those incredible notecards of yours and have gotten complements!

Dionne said...

This is lovely! What gorgeous colors! I see you both were excited over your gifts, great! I will post this link up as soon as I get everyone else's links to theirs.