
I'm currently searching for examples to use in my class lecture tomorrow and, as is my M.O., I'm doing a really stellar job at getting distracted (hence the blog post). Nevertheless, in my quest I came across this lovely book of poems and thought it worth sharing. The words are magic and the cover just makes me swoon with its simple beauty. The title alone...my oh my! Lyrical transport to another world. (Here's a secret: if you click on the cover you'll be whisked away to the lovely and delightful web world of the poet, Éireann Lorsung. Definitely worth the click.)
I also highly recommend poking around the Milkweed Editions site. They're a phenomenal (in my humble opinion) independent publisher and have released some of my favorite books, including Kathleen Dean Moore's Pine Island Paradox, from which we read an excerpt at our wedding. Clicking through their website reminds me of browsing the book order catalogs we used to take home from grade school. I want them all!
Ok, now I really must get back to work. Happy evening to you all!
P.S. The photo above is one I took away from our weekend trip to the Jackson Bottom Wetlands. It's from a painted and hand-lettered sign that hangs in the "Kingfisher" viewing platform and identifies many of the animals that frequent the wetlands. Art and environment. Perfection.
2 comments:
What a lovely image. That's so pretty.
A site that is kind of cool to check out is http://www.100words.com/.
People on there commit to writing a poem or story of 100 words each day for a month. Some of it is not so good, but there's some other really beautiful stuff up there too.
I love it. I wish I was a better writer. Any tips?
Check this out (nothing to do with words) http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2009/04/wedding-invitation.html
Post a Comment