Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's Spring-ing!


One thing I've come to adore about Oregon is that Spring begins its tease in February (a few months earlier than its Utah debut.) Which is so wonderful because even on a gray, drizzly, clouds at eye-level type of day, when you find shoots of green at your toes it's nearly impossible not to grin about life.

In the spirit of impending blossoms, birds and bees, I just couldn't resist buying this little lady at Trader Joe's over the weekend. I brought her into my nearly-windowless office yesterday to keep me company while I felt sorry for having to work (Kell had the holiday off) and , wouldn't you know, she decided to put on a show! Definitely the 'spoonful of sugar' in my day. I hope you enjoy her too!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

I think I would enjoy working at that desk, spring or not.

Martha said...

A. It is supposed to hit 60 this week.
B. Your office is so nicely decorated! If I were a daffodil, I'd be happy there too.

Rebecca said...

Oh, how I miss TRADER JOES!!! My mom always buys bulbs there in early spring/late winter for her window. If you haven't tried it, you have to get Mochi (I think that's how it's spelled). It's basically Japanese ice cream balls with like a rice covering thing. It's a little weird the first, but I seriously make my family get them whenever I go home (if they don't already have them). Mango is the best.

Sigh, I miss early springs. The snow has now melted, but there are no little green shoots yet. Everything is just dead. :o( I go outside to our garden every day to see if I can see anything. No luck yet, but I will be blogging it when I see it!

Rebecca said...

P.S. Daffodils are my favorite flowers. Good choice :)

Emily Hatch said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily Hatch said...

Such a beautiful daffodil! I am so happy it cheered you up. Thanks for the lovely chat today. I miss you tons and love you more. ;)

jg said...

looks like you've joined the ranks of Friday the 13th lovers. oh sweet blossoms of spring. xo