A quick brag in response to Rebecca's comment asking where to get the pattern for the Sew Sally tote bag. Said pattern can be procured by dropping a 'convo' to Sally herself (my amazingly talented friend) via her etsy shop.
This pattern is awesomely simple and Sally's instructions are impeccable. I'm hooked. The bag above was made for my sweet cousin, Lindsey, and her comment on my previous post attests to how lovable/durable this bag is.
You should definitely make one. Yes, each one of you.
Allow me to also say that Sally is one of the most crafty and amazing gals ever, and one of the first people to warmly welcome me to Portland two years ago (my, how time flies!) Oh, and if you ever find yourself in need of a sewing teacher, she's the one to call. She also teaches classes at the coolest fabric shop in the city.
Ok, surely Sal is completely blushing now. I think my work here is done.
4 comments:
Might I also comment on your impecable craftsmanship? Of course my first impression was how dang cute the thing was, but of lasting influence was the meticulousness and cleanliness of it! Not a stitch out of place, no corner unturned...flawless. This bag will last a decade or more.
Agreed.
Love it!! Maybe I should attempt but I am sure it wouldn't be so brag worthy. You are awesome and Lindsey is one lucky gal!!
Yes, completely blushing. My Etsy shop isn't stocked but I do have some patterns for those who want them. Just email me at sewsally AT gmail DOT com and I'll get one to you! :)
Post a Comment