I'm pretty sure it's 200 degrees here.Ok, maybe only 199. Which would be fine if our bedroom had the benefit of sinful central air. I can take the heat all day, what I can't handle is heat all night. Because you know what totally sucks? Sweating in your sleep. And it's only 'suckier' when you sweat yourself awake. Can I get an AMEN!?
It's enough to make a person crazy. I'm seriously two keystrokes away from buying a plane ticket to this place. Luckily, some very kind friends of ours invited us over for dinner last night so that our core temperature could chill a bit in their air conditioning. (Thank you, kind friends!) I think this gesture helped tremendously because I didn't wake up at 1:30 to put a bedroll on our balcony as I had the night before.
And things continue to look up, as the weatherman just told me that we must endure just one more day of triple-digit temps (tomorrow's high should only reach 99...now that's more like it, eh!?) Oy veh!
On another, completely unrelated, note...how cute is my not-so-little-anymore little bro!?
Cheers to keeping cool.
6 comments:
OR you could come to Colorado, where it's been 60 degrees and rainy for two weeks! I think I could arrange for the low temps to stick around a bit longer if it means a visit from Cecily and Kellen :)
Oh man, Lauren beat me to it. Yesterday's temps sat around the lovely mid 70's. Today peaked at 63. Tomorrow should be right around 80.
Come on over for the weekend and cool off. I'll make brunch.
I saw that hotel a while back on the Discovery channel or something. I am pretty sure your mom has AC and I am even more sure she would LOVE a visit.... (as would I) We have had some hot weather here also. Tonight was the first night in a month Addy and I have walked the neighborhood. As we passed your mom's house Addy says "Where's Rosie?" while pointing at the window.
I second Tiffany's idea! Come visit. Rosie would LOVE to see you and the AC is on! Love you, mom
Colorado/Utah or bust!
I'd love to come and visit each one of you, dear friends. (Though the offer of brunch does take the cake!)
Thanks for the invites. I'd be there in a heartbeat. ;)
so for brunch I was thinking of a zucchini frittata, cranberry-walnut pancakes, lots of bacon, and some peaches with creme fraiche and a balsamic reduction. and mimosa's or bloody mary's.
Post a Comment