Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Can you believe it?

I'm finding it hard to believe that summer is already half past. Of course, I guess the "glass half full" perspective would indicate that we have a whole half of a summer left. But I think I'm going to simply pretend that July is a few days longer this year, and this beautiful-ness is why:


Georgous eh? This computer desktop calendar is the brilliant handiwork of artist/designer Tsilli Pines, a woman whose work I fell in love with in the summer of 2003 when I was a design intern and spent many hours searching stock photo sites. Tsilli published a collection of desktops through Veer, a fabulous (if a bit pricey) site that sells not only photos but fonts and cool designer swag.

I've been faithfully adorning my desktop with her work ever since. The thing is, out of six years worth of designs, I think this one is my absolute favorite. It's so brilliant in its simplicity. Makes me happy every time I turn my computer on. Simple pleasures.

And therefore, I hereby dub all months to come "July 2009"...at least until I fall in love again when I see the brilliance she puts forth for August.

2 comments:

lauren said...

not surprisingly, i am now also in love with tsilli. do you read HOW magazine? www.howdesign.com. because you would love it.

here's another question: are you the big sand dollar or the little sand dollar in your title bar?

cee + kell said...

hmmm...am I the big or little sand dollar? well, I guess that depends on what metaphors we choose to employ. ;)

And yes, I adore HOW. I've been known to spend an arm and a leg on design rags. I tell Kell they're collectors items; more akin to a good book than a magazine. Not sure he's buyin' it.