Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Winter wonderland.
We got our bundle on and headed out for a stroll to the dentist's office this week.
I admit, it was more of a trudge than a stroll. I hadn't counted on the snow, or missing the train (which could have shaved off a mile) when I embarked upon our two mile journey. My plan was to walk so that Aves would fall asleep in the stroller and slumber through my appointment. Which mostly worked, so perhaps my soaked coat and frozen hands were worth it.
I've learned that I'm REALLY good at making sure Avie leaves the house exceptionally well-equipped for any situation. And I'm proud (and relieved) that my layering technique kept her nice and toasty in spite of the weather. I'm NOT so good at remembering necessities for myself. Like gloves. Who needs 'em!? (Turns out I did. Damn.)
We wheeled ourselves into our destination with a very wet stroller, a cold mama and--thank heavens--a warm baby. The folks at the dentist's office proved to be exceptionally thoughtful as always. We had a really long good laugh about my snowman impersonation before they threw all of our wet coats and blankets in their dryer. They were even kind enough to whip me up a travel mug of hot chocolate for the trek home (much easier, as I was able to catch the train this time). There are some really good people in this world. So grateful for that fact.
Labels:
cecily,
on livin',
the wee one
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
By the end of the first year of parenting, I think each of us could write a novel entitled, "Eventualities I Hadn't Considered".
But hey, you got there in one piece with a happy baby - success! :)
That snow is unbelievable! We've been watching the progress on the news. Keep up the good work staying in one mostly-thawed piece!
Post a Comment