Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Four Months.

How can this be, pretty girl? Four months already!?


The past month has been memorable, to say the least. A few highlights for posterity:
  • Your first Christmas, baby! More on that later.
  • Staying well in spite of much sickness floating around you.
  • Mad dash morning crafting sessions before your smiles turn to fusses.
  • Your first airplane ride. (You were absolutely wonderful! Calmer than your mommy.)
  • Your first giggles. Pure joy. I've never heard a sweeter sound. Who knew that dropping a pair of leggings on your belly would be so hilarious?
  • First truly intentional roll. From back to tummy. It really ruffled your feathers when you landed yourself face down on the blanket.
  • Some really great nights of sleep.
  • Some really terrible ones too.
  • Head control. Life is so much more fun now that you've found it.
  • Surprising daddy for dinner at The Lucky Lab. Made possible by a rare good trip in the car seat.
  • An epically bad car trip to pick up daddy at the train station that ended in tears all around. I'll be so glad the day you decide that drives are not a special form of torture.
  • You love to kick in your Mamaroo, finally allowing me to make dinner nightly.
  • Great walks to the grocery store. We stop to do some bird watching/listening along the way...my little naturalist in the making.
  • Big girl baths. No more sink for this chica.
  • Drool, drool and more drool. Perhaps the teeth are on their way.
  • More love than could ever be mentioned.

4 comments:

Mick and Tiff said...

cecily,
How precious is that little girl! I love this monthly update. First giggles are the best. I must say I feel for you on the car seat troubles. Addy was not an easy traveler. We had many crying trips for the both of us. I keep meaning to call you since your last voicemail. Never enough hours in the day! miss you.
tiffany

Martha said...

Heart swells! We need to get together again soon.

Rebecca said...

Man Cecily, I CANNOT believe she is 4 months already. They seriously grow so fast. Aren't giggles the best! And they NEVER get old! I still laugh whenever Addison Laughs. I love it!

Lauren said...

Just watched the giggles video again. Awesome. Emma tries to giggle, but it comes out as more of a deep guffaw. Which is of course absolutely hilarious. Can't wait for the real laughs!