Tuesday, October 18, 2011
Out and about.
Photos taken after Kell saved me from myself, sans salad dressing. Oh, how I love that man!
Today was the perfect day for a walk. Crisp and clear and the leaves are on fire. So, though it took us nearly five hours to hit the sweet spot in Avie's sleep/eat cycle to do it, that's just what we did. We walked and walked. And soaked up the sun. And committed to memory that perfect red worn by the trees that flank the lightrail line. And at the end of our stroll, we enjoyed a reward of a chai tea latte from our neighborhood Starbucks (one of three).
It just so happened that Kell got home from work in time to meet us at the coffee shop. A welcome surprise made even more welcome by the spit shine he gave my face after seeing that I was wearing salad dressing like war paint on each cheek. Awesome! A relic of eating my lunch at a hare's pace in hopes of getting some calories in before Avie woke from a nap.
And let me just tell you that when you stand with a new baby in a long line at Starbucks, everyone is super interested in you (well, in your baby, not actually you, but we'll pretend), so you share facetime with many, many folks before placing your order. None of whom will mention that "you have stuff smeared all over yourself and it ain't pretty but god bless you for tryin'." Sheesh! Where's the honesty in this world!?
I'd be embarrassed, but my shame is far overshadowed by the pride of a) actually eating a salad and b) making it to Starbucks in one piece. Go team 'New Mommy!'
Labels:
cecily,
on livin',
the wee one
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I am enjoying such a good chuckle! If that is the worst that you look, you've aced it! Love all three of you. Mom
If I had been in line with you, I would have told you. You know I'm always good for up front honesty :) Cute pic of you two, you look fabulous, and I love the short hair. :)
Did you cut your hair? It's cute! I can't wait to chop mine off, but I've been putting it off because my hair is growing so fast.
Post a Comment