Thursday, April 21, 2011
The taste of home.
Nothing says "Utah" to me more than fry sauce. Well, perhaps that's a small overstatement. I'm sure there are many other Utah connotations that are more potent. But none more tasty!
So imagine our excitement when we found out that Little Big Burger in PDX's Pearl District has fry sauce on their tables. Oh, the joy! What's even better is that they get the joke and the company that makes their delectable dipping sauce proudly points out that theirs "ain't made in Salt Lake City."
I must admit that this culinary concoction of ketchup and mayo doesn't measure up to the fine delicacy served as side to a basket of Hire's fries, but I'll take what I can get.
Labels:
cecily,
food,
here nor there,
pdx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I had never heard of fry sauce before we stopped in Ogden on the way to your house last summer. But I have to say, it's pretty great.
Post a Comment