Friday, February 26, 2010

Virtual bouquet.

When I was growing up, the confirmation that Spring had officially sprung came in the form of forsythia branches in a vase on our kitchen table. Since they were some of the first to bloom, my mom would clip them as soon as they began to bud and would bring them indoors to fend off the last few weeks of grey days.

Today I saw lots of yellow blooms in the many nurseries that fringe the road home from work and they made me smile big.

Though I couldn't snap any photos from my car window, I did manage to take these over the past week. Not forsythia, but beautiful none-the-less.


I dedicate them to my sweet madre, who is most likely a few weeks behind the Portland blooming cycles and waiting patiently for her garden to burst into color. For you, mama. Love you!

1 comment:

Zaurie said...

Oh, thank you, thank you! I am SOOO ready for spring. Love you tons, sweetie. Mom