Monday, October 12, 2009

Welcoming a wee one.


I mentioned a few posts ago that we were recently blessed by a new niece in the family. She's pretty much the most adorable thing I've seen in forever and, as you'll surely agree, such cuteness is most worthy of a quilt. I can't think of a better excuse to sew.

Special thanks to my mom who happened to be in town when the quilt-making ensued...without her the binding would not be nearly as neat!

And congrats once more to the proud parents & awesome big brothers. That little girl couldn't have been born to a better family. We can't wait to see you guys again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cecily, your dedication patch turned out great. Way to go sweetie! Mom

Mick and Tiff said...

Cecily,

I am so envious of your talent. I love those colors. You are seriously awesome and I love ya.

Tiffany

BC said...

Simply gorgeous! What a lucky baby to have such a crafty aunt. :)

Lindsey said...

I love this! Isn't it so wonderful to get to create with our mommies? And just to create period? I love the simplicity of this quilt...and, hey! I have that brown polka dot! But my most favoritest part is the embroidered label. I've never embroidered mine, always written them. I think I'll have to start! And I love the wrapping. Brava.