Now, I typically reserve the embroidery energy I have in my fingers for quilt patches, but I was feeling particularly crafty this weekend and decided to branch out. A friend was re-learning the french knot so that she could sew eyes on a ridiculously cute hand-knit bunny she was making as a gift and I thought I should join in the lesson. And then, something happened. I couldn't stop! I can't say I saw this coming, but I think I'm hooked on hand-work. It's incredibly relaxing (the perfect complement to a great night of TV) and, quite frankly, it reminds me of my mama.
Here's the result:


In other news, the photos below are for my dear cousin who lives in Southern California, a place that's quite lovely, but seriously lacking in colorful fall foliage. Here's a taste of Oregon in October.

4 comments:
Very cute case Cec! Um, I love that last picture of the trees. So beautiful. I wish I had it as a backdrop for family pictures. So jealous. Love ya,
em
This post makes me happy. I have been working on my happy this week, so thank you. Such a struggle! Could I possibly be SAD this early in the year?
I love it! Always nice to go online and find a little dose of beautiful
such nice comments. thanks for the encouragement, ladies!
Post a Comment