I finally got around to uploading some of the photos that were on my camera from before I left it in Utah (thanks again Mom for mailing it back!) and wanted to share with you some documented crafty goodness. The picture above proves that my sewing machine hasn't sat idle for too shamefully long. This quilt now graces the crib of a ridiculously handsome baby boy, born to one of my best friends from high school.A tip about ribbon binding...'tis fabulous and quite cute but make sure you use all-cotton ribbon, as the poly-whatever stuff gets a little squirrely under the presser foot. Lesson learned.
5 comments:
LOVE IT!!! You are so talented, Cecily. Do you ever sew clothing? I have a cheap swimsuit that has that stupid boob padding that isn't sewn in. Is there a way to sew them into the suit or should I just buy a newer (much nicer) one? I am all for the second choice, just wondering if you have ever done the first one and how difficult.
Um, how embarrassed am I that I haven't even heard of ribbon binding! Makes so much sense, and looks adorable though. Who's baby was it?
Oh Cecily, your skills are endless! This is a great quilt. Love ya!
Love the quilt and the masthead! Hope you guys had a good time picking strawberries!
thanks for the sweet words, friends. you motivate me to keep the creativity alive.
Post a Comment