I'll lead with the positive: What once was lost now is found! My brother called to say he found my camera in his car. Apparently it had tucked itself under the seat on the floor and I had left it behind. My mom is sweet enough to mail it too me, which is great news for this blog because I find it very difficult to post without pictures as my inspiration. Thanks, family!Now the not-so-delightful news: I'm sick. Again.
Golly, I'm so sick of being sick. I came down with some respiratory gunk a couple of weeks ago and am still dealing with the lingering cough. Then, last night I noticed my throat feeling incredibly sore and when swallowing became a chore we popped in to our neighborhood clinic (our second trip this week...the first was for poor Kell's terrible ear ache) so that someone could confirm or deny my suspicion of strep. Unfortunately, the diagnosis wasn't what I was hoping for. So now Kell and I have twin bottles of antibiotics sitting on the kitchen counter.
The bright spot in all of this is that we went to Target to fill our scripts and I never tire of the design genius behind their pill bottles. Mine has an orange ID ring. Kell's is green. Brilliant! Now if they could only put a timing device on there that automatically sounds when your dose is scheduled. (My mom is laughing right now because she knows how horrible I am about remembering to take pills...she reminded me last night that I have to take ALL the pills, which means EACH dose, ON time. 'Til they're gone. Let's just say I've defaulted on plenty of antibiotics in my day.)
So I type to you from bed with the blinds wide open, trying to sleep as much as I can and watching the bird drama unfold outside (it's far better entertainment than mid-day TV). If it weren't for the aches and pains, this would be quite enjoyable. I'm currently bearing witness to a blue sky breaking up the clouds on the horizon...a sneak-peek of the beautiful warm weather we're promised this weekend. And boy, do I plan on being better by then so I can enjoy every ray of sun to the fullest!
'Til then, wishing each of you a most healthy Thursday!
P.S. A special thanks to my beloved for the lunch-time pill reminder. You're the greatest.
3 comments:
I see that quilt peeking out of that mess. Oh, and that's what my bed looks like everyday. We never make it. Does that surprise you?
I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling good again. Consider this my virtual chicken soup greeting. If I was there I'd take the best care of you!
Can I do anything? Strep is just awful! Let me know if I can bring you anything or help in any way.
Oh Cec, I feel so bad for you. Step is awful! It's even worse that you are both sick at the same time so you can't be properly taken care of. :( I hope you get better soon. Enjoy the bird drama, you crack me up! Love ya, em
Post a Comment