Tuesday, December 30, 2008

If I had a million dollars...

...and lived a wee bit closer to Connecticut, I just might (absolutely would!) indulge myself with an overnight stay here.

Holy, Hannah! 18 over-the-top cottages designed by 15 different architects. This place totally speaks to the oh-so-sophisticated 10-year-old in me. Why? Well, did I mention they're THEMED cottages? And not the super-cheesy type. Really. These people did it right. Coast Guard helicopter suites, dreamy treehouses, and--my personal fave--a cottage designed to look like you're in a beaver den. A classy one.

The kid in me has always been smitten with the idea of living in a well-appointed (read: fake, 'cause what beaver or fox do you know who has a lamp and down comforter in their home!?) animal den...remember the beaver den in the Narnia flick? Loved it. Muffy's mouse house in Today's Special? I wanted to move in! Totally weird, I know. But I have a hunch I'm not alone. Who wants to join me on a trip to Winvian!? (I'll put you on the waiting list for when I win the lottery.)

Cheers to too much mid-day Travel Channel!

Post-post Note | Thanks to my bro, who pointed out that I should check the spelling on my links before posting. They should all work now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sign me up! I don't want industry, or music, but I'll take anything else! Love you!

Kylie said...

Then we really need to check out this place when we do our summer Grants Pass trip.....http://www.treehouses.com/