



So, I'm feeling a bit sheepish about following up my last post with a love letter to Portland. After all, it's no secret that I'm not a fan of the incessant rain. And though I did know that it rained here before I packed up and re-rooted, there's no disputing that the constant rainy gray is the thing I hate most about this part of the country.
That said, it's pretty much THE ONLY thing I hate about this city too. The rest of PDX makes me swoon. We're talking real-deal, swollen-heart adoration. Seriously folks, there are moments when I'm so in love with this place that I feel absolutely weak in the knees.
There were a few million of those moments this weekend. Kellen was in Colorado visiting his cousin Silas, so I took the opportunity to drown my loneliness in the liveliness of the city. Delightful weather, two girls-nights on the town (cupcakes included!), warm-winded bike rides, and an exploration of new-to-me neighborhoods left me reeling with delight. There's just so much wonderfulness to get lost in here!
Above is a peek at an afternoon in North Portland, where the blooms are beautiful, the super-cool crafty boutiques abound, and I ate a burrito to rival Lonestar's "Veggie, No Mushrooms." I know, I know. I never thought I would say it. But there were plantains, sweet potatoes, and barbecue sauce involved. What's not to love!? Thanks to Martha for introducing me to this new vice.
2 comments:
Hooray for Portland! (And for Laughing Planet Cafe!)
your pictures are beautiful cec! Thanks for sharing-love ya!
Post a Comment