Sometimes life is less than funny. Like when you've rarely seen the sun in a year because you moved to Portland and when you travel home to plan your wedding in a DESERT -- where sagebrush grows rampant and sprinkler use is regulated -- hoping for a just a glimpse of the big yellow orb, you're greeted by SNOW. And rain. And then some hail. Oh yes, and then four inches of icy, treacherous canyon roads on the way to discuss the pros and cons of asparagus vs. cheese platters. IN APRIL! Let's just hope the five feet of snow at Silver Fork melts in time for us to say "i do." Rose, the wedding coordinator, assures me that she's scheduled blue skies, a warm breeze, and none of the white stuff.
In spite of the weather and the nasty sickness that has washed over my body, I'm having a fabulous time back in Salt Lake. Firming up the wedding details has made me that much more excited to celebrate with you all. It's been a long time coming and we truly can't wait to share the day with you.
I wish I could offer up some pictures to illustrate the fun we had yesterday (like my mom's white knuckles as she, oh-so-gracefully, navigated the canyon white-out), but in my hasty packing I left the USB camera cable at home. So sorry to deprive you.
I'm off to make the rounds of my old stompin' grounds. Perhaps I'll stop by the Shaw Center for some Mr. Pibb...a toast to you, Steve!
1 comment:
I find this post to be slightly ironic as we NW folk are enjoying sunny skies with 70 degree weather, a rarity for us lately.
Happy travels and planning. I agree with Rose that nothing other than blue skies has been ordered up for you two.
Cheers, Coffee, and Brews
From PDX :)
Post a Comment