Friday, December 9, 2011

Fa la la la la...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas 'round our little abode since Aves and I have managed to fit in a couple of projects in celebration of the season. I'm so grateful to be on leave with her, as I've had the time to indulge in my favorite variety of craftiness...the 'make do' variety. Similar to the 'necessity is the mother of invention' variety, but more fun and frivolous.

We were housebound on Monday when we derived plans for these sweet little wreaths. I pulled thyme sprigs from the fridge, took clippings from our flower beds and borrowed from the tree for these. After some wire, embroidery hoops and a raid of the ribbon stash we had ourselves some (free!) decor with which to deck our halls.


Other fun things we've been up to:
  • Tying ribbons to the oscillating fan to make an impromptu mobile.
  • Experimenting with the origami-esque goodness of diaper flats.
  • Graduating Aves' wardrobe to the 3-6 month size (already!?) Thanks again to all our fine friends and family who have helped to ensure that our wee one has more clothes than her mama. Truly, it's been such a blessing.
  • Staring down the pumpkin pie ingredients that remain on the counter after one whole week of trying (today's the day!)
  • Celebrating the last day of teaching for Kell before a much-anticipated winter break.
  • Marveling at the magic of our laundry basket. Seems no matter how often I empty it, PRESTO CHANGO, it's full again!
  • Listening to the lullaby station on Pandora.
  • Watching a baby sleep. Never gets old.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

You are truly magical. I would love to grow up in your home at Christmas. You make the most simple things so sweetly special. Love that.

BC said...

Be right there for my pie.

Loved seeing you guys this week - I'm impressed with the wreath making! Beautiful as always. :)