[last weekend. 33 weeks.]
So Kell and I had the pleasure of making a little test-run to the hospital today.
Our midwife's office is closed on the weekends, so a wicked bout of pitting edema landed us in the labor & delivery triage room for a Sunday morning evaluation.
Requisite preeclampsia tests indicated that we had nothing to be too worried about, but the fetal monitors also revealed that I was contracting every two minutes or so. The (totally awesome and kind and god bless 'em) nurses didn't seem to like that and so set about to see if we might slow that pattern a bit.
Turns out, I was epically dehydrated and sucking down a lot of water soon sent the spikes on the monitor to a much more pleasing pace. We were released with well wishes and a souvenir water bottle (which i will be faithfully carrying with me for the next six weeks!)
The best news of all though? We now know exactly where to park and how to find the infamous purple elevators!

2 comments:
Oh goodness! So glad everything is okay. Drink up!
Ooo... purple elevators!
And you look absolutely adorable.
Post a Comment