Sunday, August 28, 2011
And there were no games!
If ever I had doubts about just how big-hearted this world is, being pregnant has assured me that folks are indeed good and kind beyond belief.
Take, for example, the woman in the Goodwill parking lot who pulled up beside me to make sure I wasn't walking too far as I waddled back to my car, and if I was could she please give me a ride? Or the sweet woman at the cafe who flew across the room to tell me and my two pregnant friends just how "cute" we looked and to wish us well in child-rearing.
This belly is magic...making small children quiet with wonder and large, burly men of football coach stature grin and give me high-fives.
Friday night just might take the cake though, as Kell and I reveled in the utter generosity of my dear co-workers and their families.
The party planning was impeccable (custom invites, color-coordinated table cloths, flowers fresh from the garden, twinkle lights strung across the outdoor dining room). The food was worthy of seconds (and perhaps thirds for the pregnant lady! But who's counting?) The conversation was delightful and dove easily into the dark hours. And, goodness, how the gift-giving humbled us beyond words.
This was a shower thrown with love and care and boy, how we felt it! These folks have become a second family to us. A home away from home. And words cannot describe just how full our hearts were as we drove home with our haul of handmade and carefully curated baby goodness.
Our deepest thanks to all who made it happen. This child is one lucky little pirate.
Labels:
cecily,
the wee one
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Even the gift wrapping coordinated!
This last week, I was chatting with a couple of pregnant ladies after our prenatal yoga class, and some guy (similar to the burly men you described) stopped to tell us how awesome it is that we're taking care of ourselves and that we're sure to have jock children, as if that was the biggest compliment he could give us. We all looked at each other, thinking "Yeeeaahhh... Thanks?" But you're right, it's crazy how accommodating the world has become for me and my belly!
Post a Comment