Friday, November 27, 2009

Blessings.


We enjoyed a truly wonderful Thanksgiving on the coast...just the two of us. Ate until our bellies threatened to burst, holed up in a sweet ocean-view hotel room, indulged in hours of movies, watched the waves crash and the foam blow down the beach, talked to our families by phone, and counted the millions of things we have to be thankful for. We are so very lucky.


Now home and tucked in with a cup of hot chocolate, I'm ringing in the season right by watching my favorite holiday movie, Little Women. It came out during Christmas of '94 and I remember going to see it with my mom; it's been on my short list ever since. Everything about this film is beautiful. I especially love the opening credits.

Tomorrow we'll decorate the house for the holiday. In the meantime, our love to all. Here's hoping your Thanksgiving was one to remember.

4 comments:

The Rappes said...

Wow Cecily, that sounds amazing :) Very opposite of our crazy, yet wonderful, family filled thanksgiving. Am jealous that you are able to decorate your house, but am glad that you share the same excitement for the holidays!! Look forward to seeing your decorated house in a few weeks!

Rebecca said...

How fun! I love the beach. I'm jealous! And I LOVE Little Women. I went and saw it with some friends in the theatre, and have LOVED it ever since! What a wonderful weekend!

Lindsey said...

Little Women! It's on my short list too! I LOVE it and was thinking about it the other day, thinking it was about time to pop it in the ole DVD player!

Martha said...

I'm envious. I had a lovely Thanksgiving, but this seems like an idyllic holiday. :-)