Tuesday, December 15, 2009

An epic visit.

We're resting a bit easier knowing that Kell's parents are again safe and warm at home after last week's visit to Portland. Weather delayed their homecoming plans but, in spite of the travel woes and frigid weather, we had a truly wonderful week together.

Our tour included an exploration of Powell's, freezing at Multnomah Falls, a lovely dinner overlooking the Willamette, a tour of dad's boyhood stomping grounds in Washington, their survival of a rather frightening and bruise-inducing fender bender (thank you, sweet angels, for directing a safe outcome for all! and for upgrading the rental car...that was a bonus), and some rigorous movie watching.

[kell demonstrating his super science techniques on the "this is where we work" tour]

[city lights as seen from our table at the Chart House]

[classic northwest lush-ness on the hike to the falls]

[awwww....cute! and COLD!]

An eventful visit! And so, SO great to have family share our home. We loved every minute. Thanks for making the trek!

2 comments:

Martha said...

How fun to have family visit. I am super jealous that you got to see the falls frozen! I've wanted to go do that ever since I learned it happens. Scary bit about the car crash! I'd like to know more next time we chat.

Lindsey said...

Hooray for family!

And you're right, your green is far greener than deseret green...of course.