


I had the most lovely dream last night. My sweet mama and I were off on an adventure to North Carolina. We had worked on our accents and had once-again perfected the drawl of the South, our bags were packed with lovely things (we had successfully persuaded the airline attendant -- who also happened to be my best friend -- to let us take more than one carry-on) and we boarded our flight (which actually was more like a road trip...because dreams are like that, you know, and we had antique shops to visit on the way!) Our final destination? The John C. Campbell Folk School.
Now, this is place is definitely dream-worthy. To me, it looks akin to a magical fairy land ... a place I might never leave if I'm ever so lucky to actually visit. I've been dying to discover it in person for about four years now and it's funny that I should begin thinking of it in sleep. Perhaps it's because my mom is actually coming to visit this week. Perhaps my subconscious is telling me it's time to start saving. Perhaps I just really need a hand-made broom. In any case, it made it really hard to wake up this morning.
[pics lovingly snagged from www.folkschool.org]
__________
In other news, a few of you have asked what, exactly, is Mr. Esqueleto. Well, he's a blast from my childhood past...one of those crazy little plastic creatures that expands when dropped into water. The package claims he grows to 600 times his original size, but I beg to differ. Disappointing. Kell rescued him from the bargain Halloween bin at Michael's on a recent crafty shopping trip that I recently dragged him through.
2 comments:
Am I too fat to fit in your mom's suitcase???
Cec, let's plan on going--summer 2010? Luv ya! mom
Post a Comment