Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Six Months

Well, I'm behind on a lot of things in life right now, including this blog post. But I wanted to be sure to jot down a few of the moments that have made this past month magical. I must say this has been your most fun month yet.


  • You're so awake and aware of the world. You're laughing, grinning, smiling and showing your approval with furious kicks quite often. I'd venture to say you're a pretty darn happy baby.
  • You got to meet your BFF last month. Our dear friends came up from Colorado for a soul-filling weekend. In between all the adorable hand-holding (and, sadly, cold-sharing) you two kept doing, we took a quick trip to the coast. The rented mini-van came in handy, though you both protested your five-point harnesses most of the trip (no surprises there.) Thanks to Auntie Lauren for the Moby tutorial that's still paying dividends.
  • A tooth! Your bottom right chomper has made its appearance. Many a fussy night and a raging case of drool rash announced its arrival in a fashion about as understated and elegant as a Fourth of July parade. Tooth number two is fast on its heels.
  • You think daddy is just about the most hilarious playmate in the world. You light up when he comes home and then feign embarrassment as you bury your face in my neck. You little flirt.
  • Second only to daddy is bath time. You splash with wild abandon and we share in your delight. Though thwarting your attempts to face-plant the water requires full-time lifeguard duty.
  • Your Nana flew up to celebrate your half birthday. Her visit coincided with a turning-point in your willingness to be in the care of someone other than your mama. As such, mama enjoyed cooking and cleaning with two hands. Decadent!
  • You spent a couple of wonderful, tear-free afternoons with daddy while mama went off to teach. My heart sang.
  • Though you don't suck your thumb, you nom on those big toes with gusto.
  • Favorite toys (besides your feet): yellow teether, crinkle owl, stuffed moose, blue rattle ball, beach ball.
  • Current nicknames: Avie, Aves, Beebuh, Beebs, Snickerdoodle, Drool Monster, HoneyHoney, Absolute Light of our Lives.
Love, Mama

2 comments:

BC said...

I'm such an Avie-groupie. I've been tapping my fingers waiting for the 6-month update. :)

Such a beautiful, sweet girl - enjoy your new teeth and new awareness of the world!

Lauren said...

TEETH! Oh my, I just wasn't ready for that announcement. I mean I know that's where we're headed with all the drool, but I'll miss the gummy smiles.

Also, Emma does the same ecstatic-but now I'm bashful-routine when she sees Steve.

And yay for happy babysitting!!