Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sweet and simple.

I'm trying to be better about documenting a few of the things I cut, tape, sew and cobble together. Here's a recent favorite:


A young friend of ours had a birthday last month. And since he was born in the best month of the year (no bias here!), he deserved an extra special present for his "please, no gifts" party.

Our little friend's mama is quite crafty and I knew she would appreciate something handmade that didn't require much real estate in the toy box.

The solution came in the form of mailing labels, a few sheets of cardstock, soy crayons bought solely for the packaging, some quick Illustrator work, and a re-purposed ribbon and kraft paper box (from a few of my own birthday gifts).

Throw it all together while your husband whips up an awesome berry cobbler as a sidecar (Side note: It all sounds so idyllic in hindsight, eh!? In reality, I was swearing at my propensity to procrastinate while Kell laughed at the X-acto-wielding hurricane who whirled around the kitchen crafting table.)

And, ta-da, you have a sweet birthday bunting that our little birthday boy can color to his heart's content. Just in the nick of time.

3 comments:

Emily Hatch said...

you never cease to amaze me. I am always blown away by your packaging and little labels. Seriously, I don't think I've ever thrown one away. You are the best!

cee + kell said...

Thanks, mish! You're pretty stinkin' inspiring yourself. I still have a photo of a rainbow that you gave me in junior high. So you see, we're both collectors of each other's work!

Lindsey said...

You are amazing. Why are you not a famous zillionairre? Ridiculous.

PS: did my b-day gift make it up there?