Monday, June 21, 2010

Surprise.

Kell and I escaped to Seattle this weekend and I surprised him with tickets to a Mariners game.

I'm terrible at surprises. Just terrible. I always spill the beans and have undone many a well-hatched plan in my time, simply because I can't contain the excitement. Yet, somehow I was able to hold out on this one (probably because I got it out of my system by telling everyone BUT Kell of my devious plan).

[Kell gets excited as we near the field. I learn that this is his first Major League game. Extra points for me.]

[We find our seats in time to catch batting practice. Kell is thrilled. Score.]

[It starts raining in the third inning and I start wishing I had brought a hat. Then I remember that Safeco has a retractable roof; seconds later it starts to close over us. The crowd goes wild!]

[Hot dog break. Really cool sculpture.]

[Mariners won! Seattle 5, Cincinnati 1]

Thanks for a wonderful weekend, honey.

2 comments:

Martha said...

Hooray!

Isn't the view from Safeco incredible? I was absolutely stunned by it last summer.

BC said...

How fun! Let's get together soon - it's been too long!