Sunday, November 2, 2008

Playing hostess.

I just love this pic of my (not so) little bro. Taken a couple of weeks ago at a fabulous thrift store in Portland. He and my mama flew up for four days o' fun and the only thing that was missing was our favorite middle kid. But not to worry, we tried our best to make Chris feel included by calling and/or text messaging him every five minutes or so. Which he LOVED. (You loved it, Chris.) Enjoy a taste of our trouble-making below.

Again, testing out the goods at the thrift store. For once, I'm the redhead.

Matt and I gear up for a bike exploration. One of our favorite pastimes. I miss this most about living in Utah. Definitely a highlight of the visit.

Mom demonstrating her stellar sleeping bag packing skills. Me making her sleep in a yurt on the coast. Because I love (LOVE) yurts. And someday (someday!) I'm going to convince her that we should all buy one and make our own compound where we shall garden and sew and watch the sun set from our big wrap-around porches. Anyone else in?

Watching the sunrise over Tillamook on the epic early-morning quest for breakfast/donuts.
(Who the heck forgot to pack breakfast!?)


Kellen. Before he smelled the sugar rush that we brought back for him.

The finale. A super Skip-bo showdown. A Shepard family tradition that I fully intend to perpetuate at every opportunity. My love for this game borders on the ridiculous, but I like to think there are worse obsessions.

2 comments:

Emily Hatch said...

looks like a ton of fun! I love how close your family is. Hope to see you soon!

Martha said...

Too funny! The husband and I once participated in a marathon session of UNO while visiting friends who were yurt camping.