Saturday, August 7, 2010

Pages and pages.


Please tell me I'm not alone in my habit of leaving the library with a handful of books that I will likely never read, but take home anyway.

There's something that makes me feel like all is right with the world when I have a stack of obscure library books at my disposal.

I'm pretty certain this is one of Kell's "favorite" quirks of mine. Mostly because it's often followed by a hefty fine, er, I mean donation to our public library system.

4 comments:

Martha said...

All things considered, the library is likely the best place to exert a book addiction. Might get kind of expensive at Powells or Amazon. ;-)

Lauren said...

*huge grin*

I currently have on my night stand a book on the anthropology of names and naming, a how-to intro to Buddhism, a bound series of essays on art and aesthetics, a guide to discovering my inner knowledge of awesomeness, a historical novel that I really do intend to read beyond the forward, and others - most of which have been cracked open only long enough to read the contents.

There's nothing quite like scouring the shelves for any and every curiosity and handing my mound of books to the librarian to take home for free(!). Lucky for me, CSU has a fine extension program that gives me several late warnings before demanding cash.

cee + kell said...

Excellent point, Martha!

And oh man, Lauren. You and I would be dangerous in a library together. I want to peruse the pages of each and every book you mentioned. Especially that one on the anthropology of names...I think I've heard about that book...what's it called?

Lauren said...

The book is called The Anthropology of Names and Naming, edited by Gabriele vom Bruck and Barbara Bodenhorn. It's actually a collection of essays. And while I haven't actually read any, per se, they all look very interesting!