Saturday, September 26, 2009

Well, hello there!

Hello again, friends. It's been a while, hasn't it? I'm not quite sure where September hath gone, but one thing's for sure...I certainly haven't been blogging about it! (Sorry 'bout that.)

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind to say the least (an unforgettable trip down the mighty Colorado River, a new niece, a beautiful wedding and another teaching adventure), the details of which will surely unfold as I have time to catch you up to speed. In the meantime, I offer a glimpse of our most recent exploits.

For the past week, we've been blessed to host my dear mama. She took herself on a road trip and ended up here with Kell and I in Oregon. And my-oh-my, how we enjoyed her company. There were scrumptious meals made, pedicures savored, and magical acts of nature observed.

And yesterday was the cherry on top: an entire day of antiquing, with a little (OK, a lot of) eating tucked in too. The day began with biscuits with thyme gravy and lingonberry pancakes at Patisserie Lili. We had planned to head down to sleepy Silverton to take in the sights and smells of the Oregon Garden but our plans were quickly derailed by too many boutiques and antique shops to count. They kept us in Sellwood until dinner. (OH, the treasures!) With tired feet, we ended the day with a relaxing drive through Mt. Tabor Park, dinner with Kell at the culinary awesomeness that is Screen Door (hush puppies!!!) and a quick trip to Trader Joe's so that my mom could stock up before heading back to TJ's-deprived Utah.









Needless to say, it was a tearful goodbye when she left for home this morning. But I guess it would be quite selfish of me not to share her with my brothers.

Thanks for the visit, mama. We miss you already!

2 comments:

Emily Hatch said...

Sounds like a perfectly delightful day. I am so glad you got some mama time. Glad to have you back blogging :)

Anonymous said...

I miss you, too! It was an absolutely soul replenishing week. Love you guys! Mom